Let it go.

Monday, October 12, 2015

It's Monday today! And so I write on a theme that has really touched me lately, while drinking my tea and eating my pain au chocolat. Today we'll do some thinking around what we call, "letting it go". 
So enjoy this article!

You must have observed that nowadays, an increasing number of psychotherapist incorporate spirituality in their therapies through many spiritually inspired techniques. If not, try doing some research about this, you will come across amazing realities. When I say spirituality, I do not necessarily mean, religiousness. Spirituality means positive thinking, peace within the mind and a feeling of personal growth and satisfaction.

As our societies across the world go through gnawing dissatisfaction, disease and loss, individuals are caught in spirals of dismay leading to stress and depression be it in their personal or professional lives. Workplace can be very challenging especially where little attention is given to a proper work-life balance. Ultimately parents are having to work harder since the cost of life has elevated. In this situation, children are having to cope with long absences from their parents or a presence that is not enough.This vicious chain goes on and I am sure that we all know the outcome since we witness how our world today is highly affected.

Stress, anxiousness, anger and depression related illnesses have been rising high and it has become normal to consume painkillers and other antibiotics. With figures showing an increase in stress-related illnesses the world has come face-to-face to an ugly reality.

That it is sick. And medication is not necessarily the answer.
   
Nowadays, human beings are thirsty for natural healing to avoid dependence on medication because firstly, it costs and secondly it is not pleasurable. Therefore, we have all moved towards what we commonly call natural cure. In natural healing, there is zero side-effects. It may not be a session where a person places his/her palm on the affected area and pulls out the pain, although, this does exist. What I mean here is the practice of deep relaxation and the release of negative thoughts.

You will ask how. 

And I tell you by not being a sponge. By not absorbing negative feelings. People are rough, deceitful and unfair let them be. Reminds me of the Beatles: "whisper words of wisdom, let it be...!"

Defend yourself, yes, but don't put yourself in an uncontrollable state, where your BP rises. Yes we are humans and we cannot be 100% neutral. I can't for sure. There are so many things that hurt us to the core, such as the loss of a loved one, betrayal from a spouse, not being given our due at work and we are right to mourn or brood over the situation because that is very normal. Actually after a shock a person goes through normal 5 stages.

The first, is shock, we are simply frozen and are unable to react. The information has not seeped in yet. Second is denial, saying, no that's not possible. Third you realise, acknowledging that yes, this is really going on in my life. Then fourth is acceptance, where you accept that it has happened now because that's just the way it's meant to be. And then lastly, you let it go.

Some of us go through these stages quicker than others, but this does not matter. What matters is that at the end of the day, we must be able to release the pain, the anger or the regret. We must be able to let it go. There are ways for squeezing all these out of ourselves. It is called the art of letting go. Practising simple steps of relaxation and the art of forgiveness helps us recover from anything that has struck us.

I have personally gone through two very difficult situations in my life where I was depressed and totally lost. For months, I was void within and could not picture my future at all; but I had to pull myself out. I thought to myself that, if I want to really keep enjoying my life with smile and happiness, I, and only I, have the full responsibility of "waking up" and realise what I must do, to get me out of this. And trust me, in these situations, you are alone. No one can help you, even if they sincerely want to. No matter how hard they will try, only you can help yourself. Until and unless you don't put your will in it, you'll remain in it.

Once I heard from someone, that, God created different  people and personalities to make one world. We were not born with the same faces and characters. Therefore we are bound to come across people and situations we don't like. But that's how the world is, and if we want to live in it, we'll have to deal with it. And that is, without harming ourselves.


There are so much we can say around this, but I guess this is enough to let our mind do the rest of the thinking. Don't forget to comment your opinions and share this with your friends if you've enjoyed it.

Book to read: The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfilment of Your Dreams.

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because your deserve peace." - Jonathan Lockwood Huie


Keep Shining!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe