We cultivate who we are.

Thursday, October 22, 2015





At a very young age, I have been blessed with the presence of people who have brought the very best out of me by advising, guiding and supporting me whenever I needed to make the right decision at the right time. This lead to me towards many successes and after each success, I felt on top of the mountain. However, I always knew that this was not my final destination but there was no way that I could determine what my real destination was, and how on earth I was going to reach there.

Enter, my Mentor.

Fortunately, during this adventure I have had the utmost privilege of having a great grey-haired Professional Mentor who coached me for 5 long years; before passing away blissfully at the age of 75. We had 50 years of age gap between us which was what made our relationship was very special. He taught me so much that I could write volumes about them, but with the unique expectation, that I will show him the world through my young eyes because he did not like to be referred as "old school". At 75 years old, he still wanted to learn more.

I was always thirsty to know about the real mysteries of religion, faith and spirituality, and this created haunting questions in my mind for years. Yes I prayed, I believed and I achieved, but I was still questioning.

Enter, my Spiritual Guru.

I do not believe that one must be a follower of Hinduism to have a Guru, even though I am of Hindu faith myself. The Guru-Disciple relationship existed under the name of Mentor-Mentee and was seen in relationships shared between Socrates and Plato (300 BC), Paul Gauguin and Vincent van Gogh (1860's);  and in a our near generation, between Lord Mountbatten  and Prince Charles (1960's), Freddie Laker and Richard Branson (1970's). Other examples are Teacher-Student, Parent-Child, Doctor-Patient, among many others. 

In companies it is simply known as Coaching or Mentoring and has become very popular since Head of Organisations have realised their benefits towards organisational achievements. However, one does not simply become a coach due to hierarchy or seniority. A Mentor first has to be accepted by the Mentee.

A Mentor, Coach or Guru, does not have a magic potion that makes you become instantly, a high achiever; but what they do is make you discover your own depths through your own efforts. They simply help you to find your way, when you think you are lost. They make us realize that we always know where we are going since, we are the driver of our own destiny. We are the one behind the steering wheel!

Thanks to my Professional Mentor  and his ongoing mission of seeing the world with new pair of eyes every time, I am today an individual who accepts whole-heatedly that, "the only constant thing in life, is change." Something we are bound to accept. I have come across this quote many times, but now, I really know how to react, when life constantly gives me more lemons. 

I simply make a another fresh lemonade!

Thanks to my Spiritual Guru, I know that "we must at all times have affinity with only what vibrates with good energy; because that energy will affect the vibration of each atom of our body, mind and soul." It may sound very easy but know that there are more negative affinities out there than positive ones. We are bound to bump into negative vibes, and, with the 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms that we are made up of (if we weigh 70 kg), we have a hell of a lot to work to do! 

So... start growing what makes you feel best and cultivate what will make you the best.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The best of myself I give to the universe is what I'll get back in return. Thank u for this beautiful article. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe